Administrative software can be either a thing of nightmares or dreams – ask any admin worker. Management Console gives university administrators agency to customize the applications they will be sending out and review the applications received.
Management Console is used by all 19 public post secondary institutions of British Columbia.
Example screenshots have been provided for data security reasons.
July 2022 – January 2023
Create a simpler work environment that university admins can use with minimal training.
University admins were heavily reliant on EducationPlannerBC to teach them how to use the software. The software was initially designed based on developer needs, but the organization and hierarchy of the information was very unintuitive to the end users.
- Restructuring the pages into more logical groupings
- Standardizing design patterns and components so users can intuitively figure out what a page would do or behave based only on visual cues
- Using consistent language in order to make users expend less energy on decision making to discern what a component would do.
- Decreasing visual clutter on the page by strategically hiding or minimizing less necessary information.
- Creating more system feedback to the user in order to self diagnose issues.
- Creating more integrated help systems to give the user agency to help themselves without tech support intervention.
Common Pain Points
“It’s hard to find the features I’m looking for “
“I can’t tell if [this page] is able to do what I need”
“Too much is on the page at once I don’t know what to do”